Posts for tag: Dentist
How your family dentist in Mount Pleasant, SC can protect your smile
Dental appointments are an important part of taking care of your health, but just how often should you visit your dentist? The current guidelines are that you should visit your dentist every 6 to 12 months for a dental examination, including x-rays.
Regular dental visits can help protect your smile. Dr. Cynthia Garner at Garner Family Dentistry in Mount Pleasant, SC, offers a wide range of preventative dental services, including dental examinations.
So, how can you tell it’s time to visit the dentist? There are a few signs to look out for:
- You’ve lost track of the last time you visited the dentist. One of the easiest ways to remedy this problem is to schedule your next dental appointment before you leave the office. Prescheduled appointments are an excellent way to keep you and your smile on track.
- You notice a little bleeding when you brush and floss. This is a sure sign it’s time to visit the dentist. It’s also an early sign of gum disease. Bleeding means your gums are inflamed, so it’s time for a dental visit and a professional dental cleaning.
- You have a sensation your teeth are moving or shifting around. Tooth movement can be a sign that you may be losing bone support around your teeth, a sure sign of periodontal disease. If you are experiencing tooth movement, it’s critical to seek dental treatment as soon as you can.
- Your teeth hurt, especially when you eat or drink hot, cold, or sweet foods or beverages. Tooth pain may indicate tooth decay, and the only way to tell for sure if you have a cavity is by visiting your dentist for an exam and x-rays. Early treatment of tooth decay can help keep your smile healthy.
- You are missing teeth. When you have missing teeth, it can affect your self-esteem and self-confidence. It can also affect your chewing ability, leading to digestive issues. Your dentist can restore your smile with excellent tooth replacement including bridgework, appliances, or dental implants.
If you are having dental issues and can’t remember when you last visited your dentist, it’s time to make a phone call. To find out more about preventative, restorative, and cosmetic dental services, including routine dental exams, call Dr. Cynthia Garner of Garner Family Dentistry in Mount Pleasant, SC, at (843) 884-6002. Call today!