Everyone wants to have a bright smile, but your pearly whites can lose some of their brightness if you drink tea and coffee, you smoke, or as you grow older. Professional teeth whitening is a quick and easy way to restore your white smile and the results will last. Dr. Cynthia L. Garner is a dentist at Garner Family Dentistry in Mount Pleasant, SC. She offers in-chair teeth whitening.
Professional Teeth Whitening Vs. At-home Whitening
Mount Pleasant dental patients have found that having their teeth whitened at Garner Family Dentistry is much better than using an over-the-counter whitening kit because:
- Quicker results: Professional whitening can be done in an hour or less. DIY kits can take several weeks to achieve the desired results.
- Better results: In most cases, in-chair whitening can lighten your teeth by up to eight shades. Because home kits use weaker bleaching agents, they can only whiten your teeth 1-2 shades.
- More even results: Often, DIY kits don’t whiten the teeth evenly and some stains may be left behind. Dr. Garner is there to ensure that this does not happen with professional whitening.
- Lasting results: Once you have had professional whitening, the results can last for over a year. After that time, you can have a top-up treatment every six months or so to maintain your bright smile.
- No damage to gums: Because Dr. Garner has had specialist training in professional teeth whitening, she knows how to protect your gums and mouth tissue from the bleaching agents used to whiten teeth. This means that you will not have any discomfort during the procedure, and you will not suffer from gum or tooth sensitivity after the procedure. There is a risk of both of these problems with DIY whitening kits.
If you live in Mount Pleasant and you would like to find out more about professional teeth whitening call Dr. Garner at (843) 884-6002 to schedule a consultation.